Actual conversation between a pharmacist and a nurse.
RPh – “Hello, this is the pharmacy.”
RN – “Yes, hello. I am calling to inquire about Mr. Xs medication.”
RPh – “OK, what’s going on?”
RN – “Well, the problem is this: He’s supposed to get 20 mg of this medication, but you guys sent me a 40 mg tablet.”
Rph – “OK, so what’s the problem?”
RN – “Well now, that’s not the correct dosage.”
Rph – heavy sigh…. “Here’s what you do… Take the tablet, break it in half across the score in the middle and give half the tablet to the patient.”
RN – long pause…. “Which half?”
This is the type of crap that scares the hell outta me.
- Paying the PBM’s to service them.
- Im dreaming of a Crackhead Christmas.
- SOMABOTS, TRANSFORM!
- A pharmacist example for non-pharmacists.
- Trying to not kill your patients.
- An open letter to my patients.
- The FDA obviously hates the public and needs to lay off the crack pipe.
- How to make your pharmacy career less painful.