People, Stupidty, and You.

This goes out to all my Pharmacists and Techs out there who really do hate people. This is a pretty hateful entry with lots of bad language, sexual imagery, and general bitching.
Its hard for me to comprehend how dumb people are. I’m not being uppity here, but honestly concerned that there are a buttload of people who fail at basic life skills.
When your vial says “Take one pill daily” it means “Take one fucking pill daily you stupid son of a bitch”. I cant count how many times ive had to go down and explain to dumbshits what “once daily” means. Now this isnt the common “morning or night” question (which is actually valid), its the “you mean in the morning and at bedtime?” question. Heaven forbid we make these dumb idiots do math and divide any number by 24 to figure out that ‘every 8 hours’ really converts to ‘three times a day’.
I’m surprised more people dont die from medication misuse, really I do. You wonder why medication costs so much in the US? Its because the same idiot that cant read the fucking bottle can sure as shit call a fucking lawyer and get 800 trillion dollars for being (wait for it)… STUPID and never work again in their life. Its the American Dream.
Another really stupid question involved medication that says “Take 1 tablet at bedtime”. Now idiots come to me and ask “Is this with dinner?”. If you sleep after dinner, then sure, why not. Its to be taken at bedtime. People dont comprehend the word “Bedtime”. If you sleep during the day, then take it then. I explain it to people as “When you get in your bed, take this pill” (“But what if I take a nap?”) DIE DIE DIE!!@#!@#!
One dumbshit actually came up to me and asks if Ambien (an Rx sleeping pill) will cause sedation. No asshole, it’ll make your prick grow until it smacks you in the forhead and your balls will explode. Any penile enhancement drugs are sure to get some humorous comments. My favorite is:
Patient: “Can I get this over the counter”
Pharmacist: “Maybe if you take two you can”.
Ooooh! Wheres my rimshot!
Guess what. These dumbasses dont understand what ‘once daily’ means, but they sure can pop out the children like Pez. It makes me sob when the woman is out boozing during the first and second trimester but seems to act all concerned “whats entering her body” during the third trimester. Sorry toots, the game’s over, you be screwed.
It requres a license to drive a car, and to dispense medication, but not to have a child. Something is obvously wrong.

Recent Entries

5 Comments

  1. RxCat says:

    When I was an intern I worked with a pharmacist who had a great analogy for the general public. He said that the population is like a drug….10% active ingredient and 90% filler. 10% of the population has a clue what’s going on the other 90% are just taking up space. If you work in retail long enough you realize how true this is. Its sad that you have to put “remove wrapper” on the label for suppositories because there will be the inevitable idiot who doesn’t. What a sad commentary on the times we live in.

  2. Alf says:

    I just found your blog today. I had no idea pharmacist blogs existed. I am laughing my ass off. I needed to read this after my shitty day full of stupid people. Keep blogging.

  3. Pharm Student in Toronto says:

    If I read three times a day (before pharm school), I’d just take it spread out during the day when I’m awake, and probably not space it out 8 hours apart. I can understand why people don’t really know what to do with their drugs sometimes (like, can I have alcohol with my antibiotic) because they might know as much of science as I know of business (very little). But that once daily thing, yeah…

  4. C. Rohr says:

    ….just a random piece of information for you. The average IQ in the United States falls somewhere between 90 and 98ish, with mentally handicapped being somewhere aroung 60-70. (i tried to verify the IQ standard, but everywhere says different.) SO…most people in this country are barely over the limit for mental retardation and according to the Journal of American Medical Association, “46% of American adults cannot understand the label on their prescription medicine. ” So yes, people ARE stupid.

  5. Angry Realtor says:

    Just wanted to say I love your site. I have nothing to do with medicine but I deal with idiots all day.
    Idiot: I’m calling about the house.
    Me: Which one?
    Idiot: The white one.
    Dumbass.

Leave a Reply

 

The Angry Pharmacist is Stephen Fry proof thanks to caching by WP Super Cache

%d bloggers like this: