Yes, I realize that im on a roll lately. Turns out i’ve had a bunch of shitty days at work that just fuel the anger (and gin consumption).
Whats up with pharmacy schools and the use of the title “PharmD Candidate” for students? This only cropped up because I recieved an email from a student from the “Thomas J Long School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences” thats at the “University of the Pacific”.
Jesus thats a long name for a pharmacy school. Why couldnt they just say “School of Pharmacy?”. If I ever strike it rich, i’m going to call up this “University of the Pacific” and say:
“Hello, this is the Angry Pharmacist. I wish to donate 100 million dollars to your Pharmacy School, but in return you must name it the ‘Dirty Cocksucking Whore School of Pharmacy and Douche Usage Science'”. I bet they do just that, and pharmacy students everywhere will curse my name.
But back to the Candidate part.
Is this a fucking contest? Will you win over your classmates to get the elusive title of PharmD? Why dont they just say “pharmacy school student” or “Pharmacy Intern”. Are doctors ‘MD Candidates’?
Okay, so maybe dictionary.com does have as a definition:
4. a student studying for a degree: Candidates for the B.A. will have to meet certain minimum requirements.
But I feel that its dumb. Fucking PharmD’s and their uppityness.
- Paying the PBM’s to service them.
- Im dreaming of a Crackhead Christmas.
- SOMABOTS, TRANSFORM!
- A pharmacist example for non-pharmacists.
- Trying to not kill your patients.
- An open letter to my patients.
- The FDA obviously hates the public and needs to lay off the crack pipe.
- How to make your pharmacy career less painful.