Turns out that Walgreens Health Initative (http://www.walgreenshealth.com not Walgreens the Retail Outlet. Same Bat-Time, different Bat-Channel) decided to do a “system upgrade” on a Monday that resulted in downtime all of Monday and Tuesday.
Gee. You would think that with their bazillions of dollars they are making (since they pay us retail folk jack-and-shit) they wouldn’t be down for a whole 2 days. Furthermore, you would expect that they would do a “systems upgrade” at like 2am on saturday morning when all sane pharmacies are closed.
But no, I had to deal with a huge stack of claims that needed to be billed today because WHI screwed the pooch and decided to take themselves out of pharmacy gene pool for a whole 2 days.
Sorry this isn’t very angry’ish. However I will leave you with a bit of fun information. Take your usual Gin and Tonic. Now instead of drinking it right away, put a slice of cucumber in it. Now sip and taste the wonderfulness. Some chap from Australia dropped me that note, its magical.
- Paying the PBM’s to service them.
- Im dreaming of a Crackhead Christmas.
- SOMABOTS, TRANSFORM!
- A pharmacist example for non-pharmacists.
- Trying to not kill your patients.
- An open letter to my patients.
- The FDA obviously hates the public and needs to lay off the crack pipe.
- How to make your pharmacy career less painful.