Well well well…
Turns out my rant about the White Coat Creremony got mixed reviews according to my mole at the University of the Pacific (from where I heard, is where it all started).
Lets take a look at the breakdown:
Seriously, why get angry at me? Because I have the balls to publically call out how stupid your ceremony is? How everyone across the nation agrees with me as to the utter waste of money this mutual-masturbation session is? Seriously, have you taken a step back and realized why I think this is stupid?
1. Its a waste of money
2. You go to school because you want to learn. You shouldn’t have to attend a ceremony to make you feel “special” for what you are paying an assload of cash to go there for.
3. Its stupid, seriously. Its like a birthday party for a 2 year old, they aren’t going to remember anything and its just there to make YOU feel special.
4. You made it so the alumni couldn’t even attend! They are the ones who are footing the bill!
5. Some of your stupid students were actually excited about the whole thing!
6. Pride and respect for your future profession should come from your acts and from within, not some stupid ceremony that the school puts on. If you need a $30k handjob ceremony to make you feel good about being a pharmacist, then please, go kill yourself. We don’t need you going postal on everyone in 10 years when you realize that its not all candy-canes and fruit-loops like UOP pretends it is.
Now, I’m going to give you all a little hint as to how to make the white coat ceremony seem not as retarded. I know that almost all schools (at least mine did) had a rotation program setup where you finish classes, then go off on rotations for x months working in bum-fuck Egypt for minimum wage. When you get back, you graduate, take the boards, etc. Have the stupid white coat ceremony AFTER you are done with classes but BEFORE you go off on rotations. You know, symbolizing you are finished with classes and are off to work “in the real world” (sorta). Mini-graduation to so speak. Thats a whole lot less corky than having the ceremony before the first round of midterms (which im sure some of them failed. Go cry into your white coat you failure!)
1. You have no idea what you are dealing with.
2. Go have fun at your little association meetings pretending you are a “leader in pharmacy”. Remember me when you are begging for copies with your broken bok-bok engrish at the end of your 12 hour shift for Walgreens.
3. Go actually work in a pharmacy before you shoot your mouth off about me.
4. You are in for a rude awakening once you leave the comforting colon of UOP and get shat out into the ‘real world’ without anyone to wipe your ass or tell you how special you are.
5. Mommy and Daddy can’t pay your way to making people not yell at you for their soma. The sooner you learn this the better. Dealing with the public (especially the sick public) sucks ass but it has to be done.
1. Join my facebook group.
2. Obviously you have either worked with the public or have worked in a pharmacy.
3. Spread the word of angry around campus. I need more moles (email@example.com).
4. Go kick the asses of those uppity bitches who dont like me. Obviously they are going to get screamed at eventually, mine as well have it be by their classmates.
1. Be sure to hang up that nice white coat. We don’t want the symbol of your failure to get dirty.
2. Have fun wearing that coat around the house pretending to be something that you are not.
3. Haw Haw. Now you see why I think the whole ceremony is stupid?
- Paying the PBM’s to service them.
- Im dreaming of a Crackhead Christmas.
- SOMABOTS, TRANSFORM!
- A pharmacist example for non-pharmacists.
- Trying to not kill your patients.
- An open letter to my patients.
- The FDA obviously hates the public and needs to lay off the crack pipe.
- How to make your pharmacy career less painful.