Now before all of you Chain guys and gals send me anthrax and bombs in the mail, let me say a few things.
- That rant was targeted. Some of you know who it is, most of you dont. Those who know are probably saying “oh damn” but the rest of you just took offense and are storming my house as we speak. As you all will point out to me, chain life is not the devil, but some people are making it sound like it is. Stop your bitching, if it were fun it would be called FUN and not WORK. I’ll leave it at that.
- 3 independents have closed this year just around where I work. If the Medicaid/Medicare cuts go through the rest of them (including myself) might be joining them. Think about that for a second then wonder if whining about your store manager is really as bad as you say it is.
- That post was fueled by a number of factors that put chains on my shit-list over the past few days, some of which include:
- Making a long-term CASH customer of mine wait at 11:30pm for an ER written Z-Pak for 2 hours while she said the pharmacist just sat there and talked on his cell phone while wandering around the drug isles. She didn’t want to disturb me at home to open the store even though she has my cell number. This was at a store that initials start with an upside-down M. Don’t give me this backlog shit, its a z-pak ran as cash. Run the label, slap it on there, let her get home and get better. I doubt shes going to spend much time shopping in the front-end shit.
- Me waiting on hold for 20 min for copies yesterday when the store does about 1/2 the volume as we do and has twice the staff + a scriptpro.
- Having said pharmacy decide to not just fax me the transfer sheets, but the entire screen printout which tied up my fax machine for a half hour.
- Its fun to stir the shit pot once in a while. Wait, its not fun I guess when its directed at some (if not all) of the readers, but fun when its directed at doctors, nurses, crackheads, welfare patients, etc. Funny how that double-standard works.
Now, to all the people who emailed me calling me an asshole, and they are never going to read my site again, wah wah wah: Go ahead, leave. Heaven forbid I rag on doctors, PA’s, welfare people, and the world in general for you to agree and be on my side with only to have you take your red-wagon and leave once I rant about something that maybe hits close to home for you. See this website? Notice the word ANGRY in it? I make no money off of this, it costs me an arm and a leg to keep up, and to be honest I’m not going to censor what I write on here because it might *gasp* offend you. This site isn’t called “The angry (but-only-when-its-not-directed-at-you) pharmacist”.
So I’m going to make a rule now that I’m not going to make fun of any more groups of pharmacists because feelings got hurt. Thanks a lot.